Foreign Affiliations and International Travel

Due to increased scrutiny regarding international affiliations and collaborations, we are asking all federally funded investigators to report as an External Activity, any appointments at non-US academic or research institutions, as required by Faculty Handbook, Section 13.3.A., Policy Regarding Teaching, Research, and Other Service Outside the Faculty Member’s School at Emory or Other Institutions.  Faculty must report whether they are receiving research or other funding through external organizations in addition to any stipends, salary, living expenses, travel, or honoraria.

As a reminder, any remuneration (honoraria, travel and accommodation reimbursement, honoraria, stipends, fees, etc.) from a foreign entity (government or institution) must be reported.

Also, any foreign travel with or without remuneration must be reported prior to the activity via the pre-approval request form so that the activity can undergo an Export ControlsResearch Security and any other applicable reviews.